Despite several workouts and diets available today, yoga for weight loss and flat tummy is considered the most effective of them all. This is because yoga works on the entire body with different asanas. They not only reduce belly fat but also make your abdominal muscles stronger, helping in several digestion-related issues like gas, constipation, indigestion, bloating, etc.
Mentioned below are a group of asanas in yoga for flat tummy in 7 days.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Bhujanasana is a beginner-level asana in Yoga for a Flat Tummy. It strengthens abdominal muscles and also relaxes your lower back.
- Lie on the floor on your tummy with your face down.
- Place your hands next to your shoulders with your palm facing downwards.
- Push against the ground with your hands and raise your upper body.
- Make sure your pubis and your toes are in a straight line.
- Keep it like this for a few seconds, then slowly let go.
- Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
This Yoga for Flat Tummy asana is slightly difficult so practice it only if you have no back issues.
- Stand on your knees, keeping the hip-width distance between your knees and feet.
- Slightly arch with your upper body and hold your left ankle with your left hand.
- Slowly kneel back and hold your right ankle with your right hand.
- Push your pelvis in front.
- Hold the position for as long as you are comfortable, and then slowly release the posture.
- Paschimottana (Seated Foward Bend Pose)
Paschimottana asana is one of the yoga asanas to reduce belly fat, not just burn fat from your belly. It also helps in stress release.
Paschimottana asana steps:
- Sit on a yoga mat/ground with your legs stretched in front of you, keeping your neck and spine straight.
- Bend forward from your hips and try to touch your toes with your hands. If possible, try to bring your forehead to your knees.
- Hold this position and feel the stretch in your thighs and spine.
- Inhale and slowly let go of the posture.
Recommended Post –
- Kumbhakasana (Plank Pose)
Kumbhakasana is one of the best yoga exercises to reduce belly fat. It also strengthens your arms and improves your sense of balance.
- Lie with your face down and rest your feet on your toes.
- Lift your body, balancing on your arms and toes while keeping your core engaged.
- Hold for some time, then release. Try to increase the duration every time you practice this asana.
- Paripurna Navasana (Boat Pose)
Paripurna Navasana, also known as Naukasana or boat pose, is a very effective yoga to flat tummy posture.
Paripurna Navasana steps:
- Lie down on your back, keeping your hands relaxed by the sides and legs stretched comfortably.
- Raise your upper body and legs, balancing on your hips and keeping your core tucked in.
- Make a V shape with your body and practice deep breathing.
- Hold for a few seconds and rest afterward.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Dhanurasana is a challenging asana for your abs and back. However, it will strengthen your core and make your back flexible.
- Lie down on a mat with your face down.
- Bend your knees and grab your feet with your palms.
- Inhale and lift both your hands and feet, balancing on your tummy. Try raising your thighs and hands as high as possible.
- Release while exhaling and rest for some time.
- Ardha Purvottanasana (Reverse Table Top Pose)
Ardha Purvottanasana or reverse table to pose your abs in no time.
Ardha Purvottanasana steps:
- Sit on your mat with your heels flat and palms a little behind your hips facing downwards.
- Lift your body by balancing on your palms and feet. Keep your core engaged all the time.
- Feel the pressure on your abs and try to hold for sometime
- Slowly bring your hips down and relax.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose)
Adho Mukha Svanasana, or downward-facing dog, is another good pose to strengthen and tone your abs.
Adho Mukha Svanasana steps:
- Kneel on the floor with your hands right under the shoulders. Keep your palms down.
- Press the hands against your floor and straighten your legs at the back.
- Push your hip up as much as you can while balancing on your toes and arms.
- Look towards your navel feel the stretch in your navel region and legs. Hold the position.
- Slowly bend your knees and come back in your initial position. Relax
To get the best results from yoga for flat tummy in 7 days, take care of diet. Avoid alcohol, fatty, and salty foods, and try to stay away from stress.