Want to be a tad bit taller to boost your confidence. Your height is defined by many factors such as genetic makeup, nutrition, environmental factors, exercise, immunity, and many others. It increases rapidly when you hit puberty and generally stops after completion of puberty which happens around 18 for girls and around 20 for boys. Yoga can help to increase height by a few inches after your puberty. If you are looking for stretching exercises to increase height with pictures, then you are on the right page. You can achieve a taller frame by practicing 5 simple yoga to increase height.
Let’s find out how to increase height with yoga in 1 week.
Mountain pose or Tadasana is the first name on the list of yoga to increase height with pictures. Tadasana stretches every muscle of the body and also facilitates the formation of growth hormones.
- Stand with your feet, spine, and head all aligned in a straight line. Keep both the feet together with your hands relaxed.
- Raise your hands parallel to each other and slowly inhale; lift your heels above the ground and stand on your toes.
- Stretch your body as much as possible and hold for a few seconds.
- Exhale and gently lower your heels. Bring your hands down and relax.
- Vriksh Asana
Another effective asana for yoga for height increase after 20 is Vriksh Asana or tree pose. In this asana, the body’s entire weight is borne by one leg, which helps strengthen the muscles. It also helps to activate the pituitary gland, responsible for producing the growth hormone.
- Stand straight on the floor and relax your body.
- Join your palms together in Namaste in front of you.
- Inhale and stretch your hands. Raise your left leg and place it firmly on the right thigh.
- Balance on your right leg and hold the posture with your entire body stretched.
- Slowly bring down your left leg and lower your palms.
- Inhale and repeat with right leg.
Ustrasana is a backward bending yoga asana to increase height. Also known as the camel pose, the neck is stretched back in this asana which triggers the pituitary gland.
- Kneel on your yoga mat with your feet hip-width apart. Relax.
- Stand on your knees and raise your hands.
- Inhale and take your left hand back and grab your left ankle.
- Similarly, take your right hand back and hold your right ankle. Balance your body on your arms. Hold for a few seconds and feel the stretch in your spine.
- Exhale and let go of the ankles.
- Paschimotan Asana
Paschimotan Asana, or seated forward-bending asana, involves an intense stretch of the dorsal and neck region.
- Sit on your mat with your legs stretched forward while keeping your feet together
- Inhale and straighten your back. While exhaling, bend forward from your hips, keeping your legs straight and try to hold your toes with your hands.
- While keeping your back straight try to touch your nose with your knees without bending them.
- Keep breathing and hold the position. Slowly let go and raise your torso. Relax for a while.
- Ujjayi Pranayama
Ujjayi Pranayama or victorious breath throws out all the negativity from your system and helps bring positive changes to one’s physical ecosystem.
Ujjayi Pranayama Steps:
- While keeping your back striaght, sit in a comfortable cross-legged position.
- Keep your mouth shut and take deep breathes through your nose.
- Feel the air vibrations in your throat region.
- Marjariasana(Cat Stretch)
Marjariasana or the cat/cow pose is an effective yoga for height increase after 20 as it relives tension from the back, buttocks, chest, and abdomen and massages your spine.
- Sit comfortably on your knees on a yoga mat.
- Place your hands on the ground and move into a tabletop position.
- Breathe in and raise your head while pushing your abdomen down.
- Breathe out and lower your head and push your abdomen up.
- Repeat a few times and come back to the initial position.
Trikonasana or the triangle pose stretches the hamstrings, thighs, and calf muscles.
- Stand straight with your legs at least three feet apart. Raise your hands parallel to the ground.
- Inhale and bend your torso towards your left. Glide your left arm down your left leg, trying to touch the ground.
- Simultaneously keep your right arm raised and try to gaze towards your right-hand fingers.
- Hold the position and feel the stretch.
- Slowly let go of the posture and stand straight. Repeat on the other side.
- Standing Side Bend
Standing side bend stretches the spine and promotes better posture.
Standing Side Bend Steps:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Inhale and raise your right hand. Stretch your right hand and exhale as you bend your torso towards your left.
- Inhale and return to your initial position. Repeat towards the left side.
Yoga can increase your height by a few inches by addressing a few key issues, but it is not your height that matters in the final analysis but your confidence and personality do. Mahatama Gandhi, Yuri Gagarin, Lady Gaga are among the world’s biggest powerhouses but short in stature. So try to raise your personality along with your height.