Yes, it’s true. There is a video “game” that you can do your yoga with.
It’s called Wii Fit. It’s a video game that was developed by Nintendo for the Wii console. It’s an actual exercise game consisting of activities you do using the “Wii Balance Board.”
The balance board measures your weight and your center of balance. The software can then calculate your body mass index when you input your height.
The game, or “training,” has about 40 different activities, including yoga poses, push ups, strength, balance and aerobic exercises. Also, Wii Fit allows you to compare your fitness by using Wii Fit’s own channel on the Wii Menu. The game tracks your “Wii Fitness Age” through a body test. It bases the results on the your current age, weight, and balance.
Training on Wii Fit is divided into four categories: yoga, strength training, aerobics, and balance games. The activities provide a core workout, emphasizing controlled movements rather than overexertion. Activities include:
* Yoga – Work on your balance and flexibility with Yoga poses and activities
* Strength Training – Put your strength to the test with muscle-toning exercises
* Aerobics – Get your heart pumping with fun, interactive Aerobic exercises
* Balance Games – Get into the action with fun, balanced-based games
The advantages of using Wii Fit for your yoga, and other exercises, are many.
* Cheaper – At $20 a class for yoga, the entire system will pay for itself after just 10 classes
* Solitary – If you’re just beginning, you may have reservations about getting into all these funky positions in front of 40 other people
* Information – Analyzing you for your Wii Fitness Age and your body mass fat offer valuable info to your about your overall health
* Did I mention, Cheaper?
Normally, when you people talk about how computers have infiltrated out lives, they always mention how we get less exercise because of them. Wii Fit proves that it doesn’t have to be that way.